- You May Also Need
Briskheat Junction Box Power Connection Kit Provides input power connection for BriskHeat SLCBL, SLMCBL, and SLHCBL self-regulating heating cables. (PTBO-GET)
- Enough to complete one input power connection or one input power splice connection.
- For use in hazardous area locations with SLCBL cable only (CSA approved).
- For use in non-hazardous area locations with SLCBL, SLMCBL, SLHCBL cable (non-CSA approved).
- SA:Ordinary Locations
- SA:Hazardous Location
- T6 rated 3, 5, 8, 19 W/ft (10, 17, 25, 31 W/m) T5 rated 12 W/ft (40 W/m)
- Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C, D
- Class II Division 2 Groups E, F, G
- Class III
- For Installation Instructions, please see BriskHeat® Junction Box Instruction Man
- Operating temperatures: -40°F to 122°F (-40°C to 50°C)
- Approximate volume: 38.75 in³ (635 cm³)
- Material: Fire Retardant FRP Composite Polymer
- Special feature: The enclosure has a uniquely designed hinged cover for added convenience during installation.
- Maximum current: 32A
- Voltage: 110-120V, 208-277V
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature (T5): 212°F (100°C)
You May Also Need
Q & A's
Questions & Answers about CSA Octagon Junction Box Power Connection Kit (PTBO-GET)
- Question: "What is self-regulating cable?"
- Answer: "Self-regulating cable, also known as heat tape or heat trace, is a semi-flexible heating cable that automatically regulates its heat output based upon surface temperature and ambient conditions. It is often used for freeze protection applications to wrap or trace pipes, tanks, vessels, roofing, and much more."
- Question: "What is a Class I/Division 1 environment?"
- Answer: "Class I/Division 1 is an environment in which ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors may exist under normal operating conditions, uring repair and maintenance, or where faulty equipment might release these flammable gasses or vapors."
- Question: "Where do I find Class I /Division 1 environments?"
- Answer: "Common industries include Oil, Hydrocarbon & Gas Exploration and Refining, Chemical Manufacturing/Processing, Paint Production, Mining, Coal Processing, and many more."
- Question: "How much heat does selfregulating cable generate?"
- Answer:Depending upon model and wattage, heat output can vary greatly. Maximum operating temperatures range from 150°F to 392°F (65°C to 120°C), but because of the selfregulating design, actual temperatures are normally much lower.
- Question: "What is the maximum allowable circuit length?"
- Answer: "Depending on wattage, voltage, and circuit capacity, circuit lengths can range from 32 ft to 660 ft."
- Question: "How do I select the best heating cable for my application?"
- Answer: "BriskHeat provides, at no charge, a full-service heat-loss calculation and engineering support to make a recommendation based on the specifications of your application."
- Question: "Do I need to insulate over the cable?"
- Answer: "Yes, insulation is always recommended to maximize thermal performance and efficiency."
- Question: "What insulation should I use with Self-Regulating heating cable?"
- Answer:"Depending on the application, BriskHeat offers two types of insulation; Insul-Lock pre-formed foam insulation for pipe, and Silver-Series cloth insulators for pipe, valves, flanges, etc., as well as custom designed insulators. Contact BriskHeat to determine which best fits your requirements."
Ask a question about CSA Octagon Junction Box Power Connection Kit (PTBO-GET)
Free Shipping. Click here
Free Shipping. Click here