absorbers are made of a chemical compound, the active ingredient of which is
a powdered iron oxide.
are completely safe.
While they are not edible, they are not toxic. No harmful gases are created and
the oxygen does not remove the fresh smell and taste of the product.
When used with proper packaging and sealing, the oxygen in the packaging is
greatly reduced. Our absorbers bring the oxygen level down reliably to .01% or
What Are The Benefits Of Using Them?
- Extends shelf life
- Prevents growth of aerobic pathogens and spoilage organisms, including
- Eliminates the need for additives such as BHA, BHT, sulfur dioxide,
sorbates, benzoates, etc
- Use with gas flushing / vacuum packaging to absorb virtually all oxygen
and absorb any oxygen that may permeate the package.
- Significantly improves keeping qualities of polyunsaturated fats and
- Helps retain fresh-roasted flavor of coffee and nuts
- Prevents oxidation of spice oleoresins present in spices themselves and
in seasoned foods
- Prevents oxidation of vitamins A, C and E
- Extends life of pharmaceuticals
- Inhibits mold in natural cheeses and other fermented dairy products
- Delays non-enzymatic browning of fruits and some vegetables
- Inhibits oxidation and condensation of red pigment of most berries and
- Breads, cookies, cakes, pastries
- Nuts and snacks
- Candies and confectioneries
- Coffee and tea
- Whole fat dry foods
- Processed, smoked and cured meats Cheeses and dairy products
- Dried fruits and vegetable
- Spices and seasonings
- Flour and grain items
- Fresh and precooked pasta and noodles
- Pharmaceuticals and vitamins
- Medical diagnostic kits and devices
- Birdseed and pet food
- Artwork preservation
Why Get Them From BayTec Containers?
meet the highest world food and pharmaceutical quality standards.
Price: Shop our prices and compare. We also offer substantial discounts on
case and larger orders.
Availability: We are not back-ordered on our products, and are committed to
meeting anticipated demands through the rest of the year.
Selection: We have all sizes for your storage needs.
Technical Support: We know you are serious about your storage. Our technical
staff is here to assist you with your preservation packaging.
What Type Do I Need?
There are several different formulations depending on whether food is frozen,
refrigerated or destined for long-term storage.
on this site are all suitable for long-term storage
The most critical component for evaluation is the water activity level (AW).
All dry grain, legumes, milk powder, pasta products and other dehydrated foods
have very low water activity levels. Thus, they require absorbers which have
rapid activation. These work within minutes of the package being opened